Rapid Metro is a fully elevated rapid transit system being developed for the commuters
and citizen of Gurgaon, Haryana. This system will provide a transport solution for
areas in and around Cyber City, DLF Phase 2,DLF Phase 3 & NH-8, providing connectivity
to Delhi Metro at Sikanderpur.
Our aim is to provide a stress free, safe and comfortable journey to all our commuters
in a pollution free and eco-friendly manner.
Gurgaon has expanded significantly in the last 5 years resulting in a two-fold rise
in population and a five-fold rise in the number of vehicles. Consequently, traffic
congestion and pollution has soared and become a way of life. Keeping this in mind,
Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) decided to develop a metro system.
Thus Rapid MetroRail Gurgaon Limited (RMGL), a special purpose vehicle (SPV)
was formed; which would provide a speedier link from NH-8 via various hubs of Cyber
City to the Sikanderpur Delhi Metro station, thereby reducing commuting time substantially.
The driving force behind Rapid Metro is Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services
Limited (IL&FS), one of India’s leading infrastructure development and finance
companies. IL&FS has a distinct mandate to catalyze the development of infrastructure
in the country.
To execute the metro project IL&FS Rail Limited (IRL); formerly known as IERS; was
founded in 2008.
A Team of more than 100 was brought on board to ensure successful execution. RMGL
has expertise in the area of:
Financial Modeling and Analysis
Operations & Maintenance
Vision Commitment Values
WE at RMGL firmly believe
- businesses should focus on more than just profit
- should also contribute to the community and the environment
CSR can't just be a concept; it
has to be at the heart of what an organization "believes in" and "what it does".
IL&FS Rail has embraced this with sincerity.
At IL&FS Rail, CSR Policy is owned and actively supported by the management as part
of the company’s commitment to social responsibility. IL&FS Rail has adopted a CSR
Plan which aims to provide improvement to the lives of under privileged women and
children. Our plan takes into consideration the fact that we should help the needy
and the time and money invested in this endeavor is used wisely.
The objective of the CSR Plan is to:
- To ensure commitment at all levels in the organization to operate its business in
a socially and environmentally sustainable manner and be conscious about its responsibility
towards the society and environment
- To take up initiatives and programs which help and benefit the weaker sections of
the society over a period of time and enhance the quality of life and education
Some initiatives taken by the Rapid Metro project in this regard are:
- ‘Joy of Giving Week’ was organized and winter clothing was distributed to more than
250 under-privileged students
- 100 benches were provided for Senior Secondary School, Nathupur
- Organized free Healthcare Camp
- Sponsored construction of a boundary wall at HUDA Primary School, Sector 9, Gurgaon
- Organized 'Rapid Walk' 2012 & 2013. a walkathon to encourage everyone to walk more
often for a much healthier lifestyle & a greener Gurgaon.
- Under CSR activity (2014-2015) dual desk and teacher table were distributed at various Government schools in Gurgaon.
The Schools covered under CSR activity are:
- Government Senior Secondary School, Chakkarpur
- Government Senior Secondary School, Basai, Sec-9
- Government Senior Secondary School, Nathupur
- Government Primary School, Basai village Sec-9
Rapid MetroRail Gurgaon Limited